Lindy Hop Energizes Berlin
Recharge your energy in a thriving and lively dance and music culture with new friends!
Berlin is a great place for Lindy Hop. We have a multi-faceted culture where anyone can find a home. At SwingStep we’ve created a friendly and mindful atmosphere where you can have fun and focus on learning the dance.
We are full-time dedicated to the dance, its culture and community to make sure you have the best experience possible. Which even earned us the reputation of being the “fleissige Bienen” which translates to hardworking bees.
New to swing? Take your first beginner Lindy Hop lesson with SwingStep!
It’s easy to join because:
- No experience needed! – Every journey starts with the first steps.
- No special clothing or shoes required! – Come as you want or get inspired here.
- No-one gets left behind! If you miss a class, you can use the video summary to catch up, or keep up your training using our online program or in-studio practice times.
- No waiting! Start any time.
- No risk, lots of fun! The first 7 days of your subscription are free. And we even have a 30 day money-back guarantee.
Get Started Now
Right now: Dance at home!
Select an online video below: choose “Online” as your Location. Or join a live session.
Why Use Online Courses?
The online training material allows you to stay in full control of your learning time, path and pace. Your full dose of Lindy Hop: after work, before work… during work?… whenever you have the time.
Weekly: Join the next drop-in class
Select a drop-in class below: choose your Location, and under “Advanced Filters” choose course type “Drop-in”.
Why Take Drop-In Classes?
Drop-in classes let you start right away, and let you keep dancing and learning even if your schedule is not predictable. You can explore different roles and topics to get a broader exposure to the dance.
Regularly: Join a fixed course
Select a fixed course below: choose your Location, and under “Advanced Filters” choose course type “Course”.
Why Take Fixed Courses?
Our fixed courses are designed to give you a good progression of material for every stage of your learning. You can fully explore each topic, and work together with your group for several weeks.
Wiclefstraße 16-17, 10551 Berlin
The entrance is in the backyard
Public Transport: Close to U9 Birkenstraße / S Beusselstraße
Access Requirement: 2G+
Corona: Current Rules
To take part in any class, proof of 2G+ (Geimpft/Genesen – proof of vaccination / recovery + tested) is required.
- We’ll be checking your 2G+ status in the hall just outside the studio – please wait there for the teacher to come out to you.
- In addition, we will reintroduce the Schnelltests, and require that all students provide proof of a negative Bürgertest before class. Even with 2G there’s still a small risk of infection, and we want to do our best to reduce that even more, to do our part in preventing the numbers from getting higher and making everyone feel as safe as possible in class.
- Geimpft (vaccinated): you must provide proof of full vaccination protection; at least 14 days must have passed since the last required single vaccination.
- Genesen (recovered): we require proof of a positive PCR test that was performed at least 28 days and at most six months ago. After the six months, those who have recovered need proof of a single vaccination that was at least 14 days ago.
- Of course we want to keep things as simple as we can, so: once you show us your proof of vaccination or recovery, we’ll make a note of that so you don’t need to show it every week.
We are happy to say that we can continue allowing partner change in classes. However, please be aware that this might change; we’ll update you if this becomes necessary.
Although at the moment the rules do not require us to limit the number of participants, we have decided to keep classes a bit smaller. This way we can offer you a learning environment that feels safe for us and for you. For that reason we’ll still limit the number of dancers we accept for our classes.
Hygiene regulations of course also apply. People with Covid-19 symptoms, or who have been in contact with someone with Covid-19, are not allowed to attend class. Our hand washing station is there for you when you enter the studio as usual. We’ll keep the windows open during class to ensure air flow.
Please make sure to wear a mask in the hallway and when using the bathroom. You can take it off as soon as you reach your dance area. While dancing you don’t have to wear a mask.
In case of an infection, so that the chain of possible further infections can be traced properly, we will use the contact information we have from each participant’s subscription info. Please keep it up to date and accurate; go to your Account Page to make any changes.
When you sign up and participate in our classes, you do this at your own risk. We’ll do all we can to make it as safe as possible, but of course we cannot make any guarantee. By participating, you acknowledge that you’re aware of the risk and that SwingStep GmbH can’t be held responsible for possible infections.
You also promise that you will follow our hygiene rules, to protect yourself and others.
- Weekly in-person drop-in classes or fixed courses
- The Online Pass with over 90 h+ of video content
- Class video summaries
- 19% VAT and music licensing fees (GEMA).
- the first 7 days for free!
- Pause or cancel anytime without any fees.
- benefit from or contribute to our Pay-it-Forward fund.
- This subscription includes 1+ class slots per person per standard week. These can be either drop-in lessons or fixed multi-week courses. What we mean by 1+ is that you have a space in one class per week, and potentially more if we have extra space in other classes.
- We reserve the right to adjust the offer as we gain more experience with this model.
- You will need to register for the fixed courses so that we can maintain a good class size and lead & follow ratio, and so that we can build upon content over the weeks of the course. However, since courses are included in the subscription, no additional payment is required.
- Because of corona, single-week drop-in classes also require registration; again, no additional payment is needed.
- For more details, please see our City Pass FAQ
All our subscriptions come with a first 30 day money back guarantee. If you sign up for a subscription, and after the first 30 days you feel it was not what you expected and you are not satisfied with the experience, you can ask for part or all of your money back. We believe our services will bring you a lot of value so we are confident that we can provide you this guarantee.
Want to join but you’re unable to afford the subscription? We have created a fund to make subscriptions accessible to everyone, no matter their financial situation. Check out our Pay-it-forward Fund!
Sign up here!
Want to Dance More Often?
Social Dances & Practice Times
The purpose of classes isn’t just to take more classes, it’s to dance! Join our socials and practice times…
What people say about SwingStep in Berlin
SwingStep is a very friendly school, here you can gradually reduce your fear and become more open-minded.Olga
Lindy Hop is superfun, and quite easy with a bit of practice. Even I can do it (more or less :D)Leo
I’m quite new to the whole Lindy Hop community and SwingStep made me feel at home and being part of it already! I love it and I’m looking forward to much more of the dance, the music, the people in my life!Jay
A dance that is great fun and in a good mood brought me through the cold winter wellTatiana