Lindy Hop Energizes Berlin
Recharge your energy in a thriving and lively dance and music culture with new friends!
Berlin is a great place for Lindy Hop. We have a multi-faceted culture where anyone can find a home. At SwingStep we’ve created a friendly and mindful atmosphere where you can have fun and focus on learning the dance.
We are full-time dedicated to the dance, its culture and community to make sure you have the best experience possible. Which even earned us the reputation of being the “fleissige Bienen” which translates to hardworking bees.
Learn Lindy Hop from beginner to advanced with us using our:
You want to check and see if Lindy Hop is for you? Just pick one of the drop-in classes here, put on some comfy clothes and show up.
Your first class is free, you don’t even have to sign up. We’re looking forward to meeting you.
If you want to see what classes with us are like, and maybe get a little head start, click on read more.
Corona: Current Rules
Even though government regulations have been lifted, we have decided to keep some restrictions in place…
To take part in any class, please show us proof of a Bürgertest no more than 24 hours old. If you prefer, you can instead bring a Schnelltest with you and do it at check-in (in which case, please make sure to come to class at least 15 minutes early — we don’t want you to have to miss class because your result isn’t ready yet!)
No test is required if you show us your proof of vaccination or recovery.
We’ll be checking your 3G status in the hall just outside the studio – please wait there for the teacher to come out to you.
- Geimpft (vaccinated): you must provide proof of full vaccination protection; at least 14 days must have passed since the last required single vaccination.
- Genesen (recovered): we require proof of a positive PCR test that was performed at least 28 days and at most six months ago. After the six months, those who have recovered need proof of a single vaccination that was at least 14 days ago.
- Getestet (tested): If you don’t have, or prefer not to show, your vaccination or recovery status, then you’ll need to show us proof of a negative Schnelltest from the last 24 hours.
We are happy to say that we can continue allowing partner change in classes.
Hygiene regulations of course also apply. People with Covid-19 symptoms, or who have been in contact with someone with Covid-19, are not allowed to attend class. Our hand washing station is there for you when you enter the studio as usual. We’ll keep the studio ventilated to ensure air flow.
We encourage you to wear a mask in the hallway and when using the bathroom. You can take it off as soon as you pass the check-in. While dancing you don’t have to wear a mask – although you’re welcome to do so if you prefer.
In case of an infection, we’ll do our best to inform everyone involved. Please keep your subscription info up to date and accurate; go to your Account Page to make any changes.
When you sign up and participate in our classes, you do this at your own risk. We’ll do all we can to make it as safe as possible, but of course we cannot make any guarantee. By participating, you acknowledge that you’re aware of the risk and that SwingStep GmbH can’t be held responsible for possible infections.
You also promise that you will follow our hygiene rules, to protect yourself and others.
Ballhaus Prinzenallee, Prinzenallee 33, 13359 Berlin
Enter through the big gate, the entrance is in the backyard
Osloer Str./Prinzenallee (M13)
Prinzenallee/Soldiner Straße (Bus M27)
What people say about SwingStep in Berlin
SwingStep is a very friendly school, here you can gradually reduce your fear and become more open-minded.Olga
Lindy Hop is superfun, and quite easy with a bit of practice. Even I can do it (more or less :D)Leo
I’m quite new to the whole Lindy Hop community and SwingStep made me feel at home and being part of it already! I love it and I’m looking forward to much more of the dance, the music, the people in my life!Jay
A dance that is great fun and in a good mood brought me through the cold winter wellTatiana
Impressions of what to expect from a Lindy Hop class
New to swing? Take your first beginner Lindy Hop lesson with SwingStep!
It’s easy to join because:
- No experience needed! – Every journey starts with the first steps.
- No special clothing or shoes required! – Come as you want or get inspired here.
- No-one gets left behind! If you miss a class, you can use the video summary to catch up, or keep up your training using our online program or in-studio practice times.
- No waiting! Start any time.
- No risk, lots of fun! The first 7 days of your subscription are free.