Lindy Hop Energizes Berlin
Recharge your energy in a thriving and lively dance and music culture with new friends!
Berlin is a great place for Lindy Hop. We have a multi-faceted culture where anyone can find a home. At SwingStep we’ve created a friendly and mindful atmosphere where you can have fun and focus on learning the dance.
We are full-time dedicated to the dance, its culture and community to make sure you have the best experience possible. Which even earned us the reputation of being the “fleissige Bienen” which translates to hardworking bees.
New to swing? Take your first beginner Lindy Hop lesson with SwingStep!
It’s easy to join because:
- No experience needed! – Every journey starts with the first steps.
- No special clothing or shoes required! – Come as you want or get inspired here.
- No-one is left behind! – If you miss a class for any reason, you will always have a video summary.
- No risk, lots of fun! – Thanks to our 100% money-back guarantee.
WEEKLY CLASSES (PER COUPLE)
WEEKLY CLASSES (PER person)
Wiclefstraße 16-17, 10551 Berlin
The entrance is in the backyard
Public Transportation: Close to U9 Birkenstraße / S Beusselstraße
Due to current events we made the following changes:
We are so pleased to announce to you that, since the situation in Berlin is quite stable, the rules have changed and become much more relaxed for our classes. The main point of excitement is: partner change is back! We even spoke with the Ordnungsamt and Gesundheitsamt directly because we wanted to make sure, and indeed it’s no problem.
With the new looser regulations we can allow more people into classes again. Having said that, even though the rules are much more relaxed now, we still want to offer you a learning environment that feels safe for us and for you. For that reason we’ll still limit the number of dancers we accept for our classes.
You need a daily updated and confirmed antigen test. Vaccinated and convalescent people are treated the same as those who tested negative and do not need a test.
- We’ll be checking your GGG status in the hall just outside the studio – please wait there for the teacher to come out to you.
- Getestet (tested): A small note: doing self-tests can take quite a long time for both you and the teacher, therefore we need you to come with proof from one of the official antigen-test centres. Tests of course need to be valid for that day (which means you’ll need a new one each week).
- Geimpft (vaccinated): you must provide proof of full vaccination protection; at least 14 days must have passed since the last required single vaccination.
- Genesen (recovered): we require proof of a positive PCR test that was performed at least 28 days and at most six months ago. After the six months, those who have recovered need proof of a single vaccination that was at least 14 days ago.
- Of course we want to keep things as simple as we can, so: once you show us your proof of vaccination or recovery, we’ll make a note of that so you don’t need to show it every week.
Hygiene regulations of course also apply. People with Covid-19 symptoms, or who have been in contact with someone with Covid-19, are not allowed to attend class. Our hand washing station is there for you when you enter the studio as usual. We’ll keep the windows open during class to ensure air flow.
Please make sure to wear a medical mask in the hallway and when using the bathroom. You can take it off as soon as you reach your dance area. While dancing you don’t have to wear a mask.
We will keep contact information from each participant (name, address or phone number, course time) for 4 weeks, so that in case of an infection the chain of possible further infections can be traced properly. Please only register for a course, if you are willing to give us this information; we’ll contact you about any information as needed.
When you sign up and participate in our courses, you do this at your own risk. We’ll do all we can to make it as safe as possible, but of course we cannot make any guarantee. By participating, you acknowledge that you’re aware of the risk and that SwingStep GmbH can’t be held responsible for possible infections.
You also promise that you will follow our hygiene rules, to protect yourself and others.
What people say about SwingStep in Berlin
SwingStep is a very friendly school, here you can gradually reduce your fear and become more open-minded.Olga
Lindy Hop is superfun, and quite easy with a bit of practice. Even I can do it (more or less :D)Leo
I’m quite new to the whole Lindy Hop community and SwingStep made me feel at home and being part of it already! I love it and I’m looking forward to much more of the dance, the music, the people in my life!Jay
A dance that is great fun and in a good mood brought me through the cold winter wellTatiana