What you get:
There is something for everybody… all for Free!
- For absolute beginners: A complete beginners’ Lindy hop and Charleston Instruction video to get you started
- NEW – For experienced dancers: Training challenge videos with instructions
- For all levels and dance forms: Fitness for dancers including instructions and warm up
- For scene builders: an eBook on how to develop a core-value-based swing dance community
- For teachers: pedagogy tips to create a better in-class experience for your students
The secret to becoming a good dancer is repetition! You want to both have the opportunity to hear your teachers explain how they do it AND the chance to dance and practice it for yourself.
However, if you are like most of us, you already have a busy lifestyle working hard to create a balanced and fulfilling work and social life. But, you are probably also a bit of an achiever, which makes taking dance classes once a week not enough to drive the progress you want for yourself.
And that’s where our videos come in – you can use them whenever it suits you best, with or without a partner!
This repetition will help you replace the natural early awkwardness you might feel the first few times you do any exercise with that great feeling of progress and confidence that makes dancing fun.
This is how it works:
We currently upgrade our online platform. If you want to get informed, as soon as the free goodies are available again, sign up to our newsletter:
Want to know more about each video?
If you can walk, you can dance!
In a series of videos we cover the basics of Lindy Hop and Charleston steps. The videos are divided into short lessons that help you make incremental progress, starting from zero and making you being ready for the social dance floor!
We’ll start with walking and how to add some bounce and direction changes to your walk. We’ll cover the lead and follow techniques you’ll need to comfortably dance to fast and energetic swing music. From there we’ll do some variations, open up to new positions, and add empathy elements to get you and your partner smiling. In the second series we’ll start again on slower music and use more complex footwork to reflect the swinging rhythms of the music.
These videos are designed so that you can do them in your living room with or without a partner! That’s right, you can even practice in private, until you feel ready to show off your swinging feet.
If you want to practice your Lindy hoppin’ and are not sure what you should work on, this is the right place for you!
We decided to give you full access to challenge videos we’ve created for ourselves in the team so that you can train the same way we do!
These videos are designed for high-level intermediate to advanced dancers. However, if you watch carefully a few times, even with less experience you’ll get a lot out of these videos.
There are 5 videos waiting for you:
- Swivels Challenge for Followers
- Swingouts: Shadow-Dancing Challenge for Leaders
- Rhythm and Swinging Pendulum Challenge
- Social Dancing and Distance-Control Challenge
- Bonus: Functional 20 Warm-Up Video Before Each Practice Session
Ready to train? Just sign up and get started!
Here is the Swivels Challenge for you to see right away:
Ideas for pain-free social dancing
Because Lindy hop is so much fun, we sometimes forget that it’s also a great exercise with lots of calories burned and physical strain per dance occasion.
If you learn about how to use each joint of the body best, not only will you make your dancing that much better, but also enjoy long-term pain-free social dancing!
At my.SwingStep we have a ton of information about what you should pay attention too while you social dance.
Core Value E-book
It was best said by the Flight Of The Conchords: “Cuz everything is just right, conditions are perfect.”
In this book we talk about the importance of building a swing dance community, event, or career from the core-values up. We share our own story on the tough decisions we had to make and explain the steps you can take to ensure you project your values and attract the people you want to have around you.
Bonus: This eBook got so popular that the Italian organizer of a swing dance scene, Paola Bruno, school had it translated into Italian :) A big thank you Paola!
Here we share one of our most sacred teaching rules that is the first one all of our teachers learn, but perhaps the hardest one to consistently implement.
If you adopt the teaching framework that we are going to share with you here to your own teaching you will be able to:
- teach so that your students learn faster
- realize and control how much you speak vs how much your students practice
- stay in control of your class and decide its pace
- get your foot off the brake so that you stop hindering your own progress in class
- be trusted by your partner and trust your partner
- handle disagreements between you and your partner in class
- connect to your students in a deep and personal way, no matter how large the class is
In fact, each chapter will address how this teaching framework can help you achieve each of the points mentioned above.
This is how it works:
We currently upgrade our online platform. If you want to get informed, as soon as the free goodies are available again, sign up to our newsletter and select “Amazing Stuff for Free”.
Stay Up to Date!
You always want to know what we are up to or let your friends know about us? Then follow our Facebook page:
Design attribute to: Selected by freepik
Any questions? Write us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us: +49 (0) 30 - 40 36 4 36 36*
* We generally prefer and respond quicker if you contact us via e-mail. If you leave us a message with contact information on our voicemail we are going to call you back as soon as possible, but it might take some days.