Above all else dance is an interpretation of music.
We are trying to feel the beat, listen to the melody and translate it into motion. In this workshop you will learn how the structure of swing music can guide your dancing. Should I go for crazy fast swingouts or relaxed Charleston groove walks? What do I do during the trumpet solo? When should I go for my fancy moves or rhythmical variations? The music has answers to all these questions. And best of all: your partner is listening to that same song, so you can even use musical connection as a lead and follow tool!
In this workshop you will learn how to
- Understand the structure of swing music
- Identify the roles of different instruments, their riffs, solos – and dance them!
- Recognize the end of a phrase or chorus and decorate it with fancy moves
- Anticipate accents and let them guide your styling
- Understand syncopation and translate it into intricate rhythmical variations
- Use musical connection as a lead and follow tool
Join us at SwingStep Deluxe on February 17/18 2018 in Leipzig!
What: 8 hours of Lindy Hop Workshop + 1 Taster, Party on Saturday
When: February 17/18 2018
Wo: Vereinsgebäude der AOK im Clara-Zetkin-Park
Level: 3 Levels – Beginner/Intermediate, Intermediate/Advanced, Advanced
Teachers: Kris&Areski, Jule&Slava, Cláudia&Ali
Language: This workshop will be bilingual.
Price: 92 Euro (incl. Workshop, Taster and Party)
Detailed information about the workshop:
|Saturday||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|11:00 – 11:30||Level Adjustment||Level Adjustment|
|11:30 – 12:50||Kris & Areski||Clàudia & Ali||Jule & Slava|
|13:10 – 14:30||Kris & Areski||Clàudia & Ali||Jule & Slava|
|14:30 – 15:40||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
|15:40 – 17:00||Clàudia & Ali||Jule & Slava||Kris & Areski|
|Sunday||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|11:00 – 12:20||Jule & Slava||Kris & Areski||Clàudia & Ali|
|12:40 – 14:00||Jule & Slava||Kris & Areski||Clàudia & Ali|
|14:00 – 14:30||Snacks||Snacks||Snacks|
|14:30 – 15:50||Clàudia & Ali||Jule & Slava||Kris & Areski|
- Level 1 – Beginner/Intermediate: You have been swing dancing for at least 6 months, you are taking a weekly class and go social dancing occasionally. You are comfortable with the basics such as 8 count swing out, Lindy circle, 6 count basics and tuck turns, and side by side Charleston.
- Level 2 – Intermediate/Advanced: You have been dancing regularly for 1,5-2 years, you quickly pick up new moves and concepts, you can lead and follow difficult patterns with ease.
- Level 3 – Advanced: You want to seriously geek out! You like fancy moves, but “Advanced basics” is the thing you really want to work on more. Dancing is your life-style now and most of your vacation days are used for attending camps, events and workshops.
Saturday, 17.02.2018, 21:00
Swingparty at Calloway, Dufourstr. 8, 01407 Leipzig
20:15 Uhr Taster: Disco Shim Sham with Areski
DJs: Finest Swing Music for Lindy, Balboa, Shag & Blues by Ella, Hanna & Greta
Entrance: 10 EUR // at the door (free for workshop participants)
All classes will be held at this location:
Vereinsgebäude der AOK im Clara-Zetkin-Park
The Way You’ll Learn
Dancing is NOT easy! However, we have broken down Lindy Hop into its simplest building blocks. This is what we call the “SwingStep-by-Step” system. Now, it’s easier than ever to learn how to dance with anyone you want, to any tempo of music, through our step-by-step process. The special benefit of this SwingStep workshop is that all the teachers are working with the SwingStep blueprint. No more contradictory explanations. No more unclear “just do it” instructions. The concepts you’ll learn at this workshop have been tested all around Europe – and they work! In fact, we are so confident in what you are about to sign up for, that we removed all your risk by having a 100% money back guarantee. If you do not feel that you received the value you expected for your money, we’ll give you your money back!
Any questions? Write us an email: email@example.com or call us: +49 (0) 30 - 40 36 4 36 36*
* We generally prefer and respond quicker if you contact us via e-mail. If you leave us a message with contact information on our voicemail we are going to call you back as soon as possible, but it might take some days.