The perfect summer vacation for all of you who love to spend your summer exploring culture and dance!
What you get:
- Experience 5 weeks of Lindy Hoppin’ in the great city of Berlin!
- 4 x 1,5h week of swing dance classes (partnered + solo) with the SwingStep team and guest teachers.
- Additional courses during the week (body awareness, jazz routines etc.)
- Cool Saturday workshops every week (1,5 hrs each)
- Find the right level within three levels we offer (more details below)
- The schedule allows for plenty of leisure time (or work) during the days 🙂
- It’s not too hot for dancing in the summer, but still very nice
- You can go anywhere by bike
- You can find relatively cheap accommodation and food in Berlin during the summer or share a place with other Lindy Hoppers
- Spend good times in the historic, hip and cheap city of Berlin to explore its culture and friendly Lindy Hop community!
When: July 6th to August 9th 2020
Where: SwingStep (Theater 28), Prinzenallee 33, 13359 Berlin
Levels: 3 levels – see details below
SwingStep Teachers: Aljoscha, Ananda, Ben, Jean, Katka, Lila, Maria, Oli, Slava, Susi, Tabea
Special Guests: information coming soon
Language: English is the official language of our classes during this period. However, sometimes we might translate to German.
- 1 week: 69€
- 2 weeks: 109€
- 3 weeks: 149€
- 4 weeks: 169€
- 5 weeks: 189€
The schedule for 2020 isn’t set yet, until then you can see what great stuff was on offer in 2019 😉
Level 1: You are taking a weekly class and go social dancing occasionally. You already know the basic side-by-side movements in Lindy Hop and Charleston, transition into open position and a few of the classic passes or moves. (SwingStep: You have attended at least Swing 2 by summer.)
Important! Level 1 is not for complete beginners. Check our Swing 1 courses for that:
Level 2: You are taking classes weekly and you go social dancing regularly. You know the basics of how to communicate steps versus triple steps and you are able to combine them freely into basic, well-known figures such as the sling-shot, tuck turns, circles, and swingouts. You should be able to both dance to faster songs in Charleston feeling and to medium-tempo songs in Lindy Hop feeling. (SwingStep: You have done Swing 4 – Swing Bachelor by summer.)
Level 3: You should be able to comfortably lead/follow swingouts to higher tempos – and switch between Lindy and Charleston with ease. Also, leading and following the free combination of steps, triples steps, kicks, ball-changes etc. is in your repertoire. You’ve been working on more fancy variations, including different types of turns and spins and you know how to use your arms to both match your movements and add some style to your look. (SwingStep: You have done some rounds of Swing Bachelor and up to Swing Graduate).
In Berlin, you can social dance almost every evening. So we decided to concentrate this summer program on giving awesome classes in the early evening and then we can all go out dancing together in Berlin’s finest parties.
close to U8 Pankstr., U9 Osloer Str., M13 Prinzenallee/Osloer Str.
Locals recommend to stay in these neighbourhoods:
If you are interested in getting hosted by a local dancer, please write an email to [email protected] with the subject title “SiB – Private hosting”, and we will try to help you finding a place to stay.
The Way You’ll Learn
Dancing is NOT easy! However, we have broken down Lindy Hop into its simplest building blocks. This is what we call the “SwingStep-by-Step” system. Now, it’s easier than ever to learn how to dance with anyone you want, to any tempo of music, through our step-by-step process. The special benefit of this SwingStep workshop is that all the teachers are working with the SwingStep blueprint. No more contradictory explanations. No more unclear “just do it” instructions. The concepts you’ll learn at this workshop have been tested all around Europe – and they work! In fact, we are so confident in what you are about to sign up for, that we removed all your risk by having a 100% money back guarantee. If you do not feel that you received the value you expected for your money, we’ll give you your money back!
Registration is open!
Sign up here:
Any questions? Write us an email: [email protected] or call us: +49 (0) 30 - 40 36 4 36 36*
* We generally prefer and respond quicker if you contact us via e-mail. If you leave us a message with contact information on our voicemail we are going to call you back as soon as possible, but it might take some days.