Lindy Hop Rocks Heidelberg
Have fun with new friends and recharge your energy with dancing and music!
In Heidelberg, as a community we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Whether casual dancers or professionals like some of our teachers, we all meet to be social and enjoy an evening of dancing.
We have the same mix of people that you find in Heidelberg itself: students, academics, working people with families, people from Germany and also from everywhere in the world. What brings us together is the energy we get from cultural enrichment, laughter and the joy of movement and music.
New to swing? Take your first beginner Lindy Hop lesson with SwingStep!
It’s easy to join because:
- No experience needed! – Every journey starts with the first steps.
- No special clothing or shoes required! – Come as you want or get inspired here.
- No-one is left behind! – If you miss a class for any reason, you will always have a video summary.
- No risk, lots of fun! – Thanks to our 100% money-back guarantee.
WEEKLY CLASSES (PER COUPLE)
WEEKLY CLASSES (PER person)
Want to join but currently not able to afford a course? Check out our Pay-it-forward Fund!
New! Each registration includes swingstep.tv access and Click A Tree contribution.
SwingStation Kurfürsten-Anlage 58
The entrance is on the eastern side of the building (toward Stadtwerke), nicely reachable from the Kurfürsten-Anlage itself or from the Kirchstraße.
Public Transportation: many busses, streetcars, trains; stops “Hauptbahnhof” or “Stadtwerke”.
Parking: street parking, best-found in the Kirchstraße. (Please do not park in the yard.)
For more information visit our Class FAQ page
Dancing in Corona-times
To take part in a course, proof of 2G+ (Geimpft/Genesen – proof of vaccination / recovery + tested) is required.
- We’ll be checking your 2G status in the hall just outside the studio – please wait there for the teacher to come out to you.
- In addition, we will reintroduce the Schnelltests, and require that all students provide proof of a negative Bürgertest before class. Even with 2G there still a small risk of infection, and we want to do our best to reduce that even more, to do our part in preventing the numbers from getting higher and making everyone feel as safe as possible in class.
- Geimpft (vaccinated): you must provide proof of full vaccination protection; at least 14 days must have passed since the last required single vaccination.
- Genesen (recovered): we require proof of a positive PCR test that was performed at least 28 days and at most six months ago. After the six months, those who have recovered need proof of a single vaccination that was at least 14 days ago.
- Of course we want to keep things as simple as we can, so: once you show us your proof of vaccination or recovery, we’ll make a note of that so you don’t need to show it every week.
We are happy to say that we can continue allowing partner change in classes. However, please be aware that this might change; we’ll update you if this becomes necessary.
Although at the moment the rules do not require us to limit the number of participants, we have decided to keep classes a bit smaller. This way we can offer you a learning environment that feels safe for us and for you. For that reason we’ll still limit the number of dancers we accept for our classes.
Hygiene regulations of course also apply. People with Covid-19 symptoms, or who have been in contact with someone with Covid-19, are not allowed to attend class. Our hand washing station is there for you when you enter the studio as usual. We’ll keep the windows open during class to ensure air flow.
Please make sure to wear a mask in the hallway and when using the bathroom. You can take it off as soon as you reach your dance area. While dancing you don’t have to wear a mask.
We will keep contact information from each participant (name and address, course time) for 4 weeks, so that in case of an infection the chain of possible further infections can be traced properly. Please only register for a course if you are willing to give us this information; we’ll contact you about any information as needed.
When you sign up and participate in our courses, you do this at your own risk. We’ll do all we can to make it as safe as possible, but of course we cannot make any guarantee. By participating, you acknowledge that you’re aware of the risk and that SwingStep GmbH can’t be held responsible for possible infections.
You also promise that you will follow our hygiene rules, to protect yourself and others.
What people say about SwingStep in Heidelberg
Pure good mood, more entertaining than jogging or jumping rope. I am always in a good mood in the end.Werner
I loved swing from the first moment on, but I didn’t expect that the classes would be so much fun. They are! Especially because of partner changes (interesting and you cannot be unlucky).Eva
Dancing Lindy Hop relaxes me and clears my mind. I look forward to it every week.Stefan
The best intensive course I’ve ever been to: thoughtful and thoroughly planned lessons, and a close community feel thanks to the limited numbers and the friendly teachers and adminJosep
Swing is a dance that is a lot of fun because you can just try a lot of things and it’s not a problem if a move goes wrong.Lisa