Swing 1 Part 2
Lindy Hop Starter Kit
This is a great starting point to explore the joy that so many get from Lindy Hop!
We will start with movements that are as easy as walking. You’ll get clear guidance and support from our teachers. You’ll even be able to explore outside of the basic steps, play with ideas and create fun moments with your partner.
With the solid foundation you’ll learn in this course, you’ll be able to:
- Dance to almost any swing song
- Dance with any partner and get them to smile
- Create great moments together
- Learn about the history and culture of the dance
- Be a part of a diverse, modern and growing community
Lindy Hop evolved out of many swing dances, such as the Charleston. We will follow this natural evolution, and start with Charleston steps. Then, we will expand into Lindy Hop. We’ll take you step-by-step through these basics of swing dancing:
- Foundations of rhythm and rhythmic movements
- Connection and communication in social dancing
- Closed and open position basics for Charleston and Lindy Hop
- Basic improvisation, creativity and musicality in dance
“At first I thought: Can I even do that? How do I coordinate my steps? Today even I dance secretly in the office. "
“It’s fun and refreshing. Not as difficult as I thought.”
“SwingStep is very open minded. It’s not bad if you’re making mistakes.”
“I’m really shy around people, so I thought I might feel uncomfortable, but it’s been great! :)”
All Infos At Once
This is how you find us:
SwingStation Kurfürsten-Anlage 58
The entrance is on the eastern side of the building (toward Stadtwerke), nicely reachable from the Kurfürsten-Anlage itself or from the Kirchstraße.
Public Transportation: many busses, streetcars, trains; stops “Hauptbahnhof” or “Stadtwerke”.
Parking: street parking, best-found in the Kirchstraße. (Please do not park in the yard.)